A task force has been formed to study and prepare for the Little Rock Zoo’s future.
Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. and the Arkansas Zoological Foundation announced the task force’s formation today. Entitled the “Task Force for the Zoo’s Future,” it will study the organization’s business model and develop plans for future funding.
The task force is also charged with reviewing the Zoo’s 2014 master plan. By reviewing this plan, the task force will be able to provide new insights in habitat and park design, as well as amenities for visitors.
The task force members include:
- Brad Cazort, Chair of the Zoo Board of Governors
- Lisa Buehler, Chair of the Arkansas Zoological Foundation
- State Senator Joyce Elliott, Vice-Chair of the Mayor’s Quality of Life Subcommittee for the Scott Script
- Kathy Webb, City Ward 3 Director and liaison to the Zoo Board of Governors
- Jessica Poynter, Chair, Generation Zoo Young Professionals
- Chad Causey, Causey Law Firm, Board Member, Arkansas Zoological Foundation
- Dr. Andrew Rogerson, Chancellor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Hank Kelley, CEO/Partner, Flake & Kelley Commercial
- Tab Townsell, Executive Director, Metroplan
- Rhonna Wade, Chair, Create Little Rock
- Gretchen Hall, Executive Director, Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Brandon Bibby, Associate AIA, WER Architects/Planners
- Nate Coulter, Director, Central Arkansas Library System
Little Rock Zoo Director Susan Altrui, Little Rock City Manager Bruce Moore and Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Jay Chessir will serve in ex-officio roles.
Image courtesy of Arkansas Zoological Foundation