The University of Arkansas Razorback Men’s Basketball team has started preparing for the Red-White scrimmage game on Sunday Oct. 16 at Barnhill Arena, and released its remaining schedule for the 2022-2023 season, including non-conference games.
With big plans for the season, and being ranked at No.8 by ESPN’s Coaches Poll, the team led by Head Coach Eric Musselman is stacked with a roster full of returning players as well as highly-sought out recruits. This will be Musselman’s fourth season at Arkansas and his eighth as a head coach.
The 2022-2023 Arkansas Razorbacks Men’s Basketball Team:
- Anthony Black -No.0, Freshman
- Ricky Council IV- No.1, Junior
- Trevon Brazile – No. 2, Sophomore
- Nick Smith Jr- No. 3, Freshman
- Davonte Davis- No. 4, Junior
- Joseph Pinion – No. 5, Freshman
- Jalen Graham- No. 11, Senior
- Barry Dunning Jr. – No. 12, Freshman
- Jordan Walsh- No. 13, Freshman
- Makhi Mitchell, No. 15, Senior
- Kamani Johnson, No. 20, Senior
- Cade Arbogast, No. 21, Junior
- Makhel Mitchell, No. 22, Senior
- Derrian Ford, No. 23, Freshman
- Lawson Blake, No. 45, Sophomore
Letterwinners returning for the 2022-2023 season include Davis, Johnson, Arbogast and Blake with 10 Letterwinners lost, including five starters of last year’s season. The 10 lost included JD Notae, Stanley Umude, Jaylin Williams, Au’Diese Toney, Trey Wade, Chris Lykes, Connor Vanover, Jaxson Robinson, Khalen Robinson and Chance Moore.
With 10 leaving the program, the Razorbacks have welcomed 11 newcomers to the team, including five transfers and six freshmen. Newcomers include Black, from Duncanville, Texas; Council IV from Wichita State; Brazile from Missouri; Smith Jr. from Jacksonville, Arkansas; Pinion from Morrilton, Arkansas; Graham from Arizona State; Dunning Jr. from Mobile, Alabama; Walsh from Desoto, Texas; Makhi and Makhel Mitchell from Rhode Island; and Ford from Magnolia, Arkansas.
For more information about the Razorback Men’s Basketball team, click here.
Photo courtesy of The University of Arkansas Razorback Men’s Basketball Facebook page.