To apply, or for more information, submit your resume to email@example.com.
AY Media Group, a multimedia company that specializes in niche market publishing, is looking for an Editor. AY Media Group publications include: AY About You a lifestyle magazine; Arkansas Mental Health Guide magazine and Arkansas Money and Politics (AMP), the state’s premier exclusive business and political magazine.
Description: Serves as editor of all AY Media Group publications, overseeing the responsibilities and direction of AY Media Group’s editorial team of writers and photographers to ensure timely publication; writing and editing several articles per month for both print and online platforms; planning content for publications and websites; developing content ideas; scheduling editorial pitch meetings with leadership; maintaining deadlines with writers and contributors; work closely with production department to adhere to the creative vision of the publisher; flexibility for other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Must have at least 3 years of publishing or journalism experience, possess solid writing and communication skills, have extensive knowledge of AP Style, have good time management and work well under pressure.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The largest statewide media group in Arkansas, AY Media Group, has an immediate opening for in-house Photographer / Graphic Designer who is a Photoshop Guru with advertising and editorial experience. The selected person will be able to produce as-needed photography (when freelancers aren’t available) along with primarily assisting in designing AY Media Group’s award-winning monthly publications, AY About You and Arkansas Money & Politics; annual Mental Health Guide Magazine; and various special inserts.
Job Requirements (Photography/Photoshop)
• Advanced knowledge of lighting, screens, posing and product composition.
• Guru/Advanced knowledge of Photoshop techniques associated with people, products and environments.
Job Requirements (Graphic Design)
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS InDesign and Illustrator.
• Senior experience in print editorial and ad design.
• Strong knowledge of Mac OS
Job Requirements (General):
• Ability to prioritize, focus and multi-task, and work as a team
• Ability to take direction and work within design standards set for our brand
• Ability to work with clients and account executives
• Willingness to take on duties as assigned and work flexible schedules around deadlines (Press Weeks)
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to take constructive criticism and apply it to layouts
• Support teammates during peak times by working quickly and efficiently
• Individual and team organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload
• Can be counted on to drive the pace to achieve results and consistently meet goals
• Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals, tasks and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner
• Quick problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
• Ability to perform under pressure and in adversity
• Ability to provide clear, concise information in writing, via phone or in-person
• Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency
• In-Office Position
Email resume to email@example.com