There’s a lot that has to be done as parents and children prepare for the return to school, but one of the most important preparations is making sure young children have their state-required immunizations. To make that easier, Baptist Health Community Outreach will be opening free immunization clinics at locations around Central Arkansas in early August, providing both back-to-school shots and Covid-19 vaccinations for children ages 12 and over. The clinics will be at the following times and places:
- Sylvan Hills United Methodist Church (9921 AR 107) – Aug. 4, 4-7 p.m.
North Little Rock
- New Hope Baptist Church (1821 Edmond St.) – Aug. 6, 9 a.m. to noon
- Heaven’s Loft (518 W. 26th St.) – Aug. 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Martin Street Youth Center (201 West Martin St.) – Aug. 13, noon to 3 p.m.
- Mosaic Church of Central Arkansas (6221 Colonel Glenn Rd) – Aug. 16, noon to 2:30 p.m.
- Southwest Community Center (6401 Baseline Rd) – Aug. 18, 4-7 p.m.
- West Central Community Center (8616 Colonel Glenn Rd) – Aug. 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Baptist Health Community Outreach Office (Partnership for a Healthy Arkansas Building, 10117 Kanis Rd) – Aug. 29, 3-6 p.m.
The first 50 children to receive immunizations at each location will be given a free backpack full of school supplies. Previous shot records and proof of Medicaid or health insurance, if applicable, are required for a child to receive a shot.
For more information and to preregister, call (501) 202-1540. Walk-ins are welcome.