Women interested in starting or growing their own companies can learn from other women who are excelling in research, innovation and business at “accelHERate,” presented by the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center.
On March 8, 2022, International Women’s Day, the center will hold two “accelHERate” forums live on Zoom.
ASBTDC assists startups, existing businesses, expanding businesses and innovation-based businesses statewide.
Each session has its own lineup of four speakers.
The panel for the 12-1:30 p.m. session:
- Dr. Dale McManis, CEO of NeuroMed Pro
- Dr. Karen Ballard, co-founder and CEO of B&B Legacy Farms
- Yessica Jones, delivery management manager at Microsoft
- Daniel Dozier, CEO of GSS Group
Speakers for the 2-3:30 p.m. session, hosted by the Arkansas State University ASBTDC:
- Luna Acosta, director of intellectual property and marketing, director of Catalyst Innovation Center, Arkansas State University
- Tiffny Calloway, director of operations, Delta Population Health Institute, New York Institute of Technology
- April Roy, CEO of femPAQ
- Dr. Hilary Schloemer, assistant professor of management, Arkansas State University Neil Griffin College of Business
Topics will include management and growth strategies, startup mistakes and how to avoid them, key skills for entrepreneurial success and research commercialization strategies. A question-and-answer period will follow.
This marks the fifth consecutive year for ASBTDC to host accelHERate and the second year for the virtual format.
There is no cost to participate. Register at asbtdc.org/asbtdc-events or here: