Arkansas Oklahoma Gas recently announced the winners of its 2022 charitable giving grant program, which awarded more than $20,000 to service area nonprofits.
Through the charitable grant and sponsorship program, organizations and businesses with strategies that align with AOG’s interests are awarded with funding. While priority is given to environmental, health-related, and educational initiatives and programs, economic and cultural initiatives that are geared toward improving the well-being of AOG neighborhoods are also awarded.
These are the nonprofit organizations awarded with the 2022 charitable giving grant:
- Denver Street Missionary Baptist Church Food Pantry – Greenwood
- New Start for Children and Families – Van Buren
- Community Services Clearinghouse – Fort Smith
- Girl Inc. – Fort Smith
- Arkansas Family Alliance – Fort Smith
- Arkansas College of Health Education – Fort Smith
- Lincoln Childcare Center – Fort Smith
- B&G Club of Leflore County – Poteau, OK
- B&G Club of Sequoyah County – Sallisaw, OK
“We’re honored to award grants to these valuable community resources,” Fred Kirkwood, chief customer experience officer at AOG, said. “At AOG, we understand we are only as strong as the communities we serve. Providing community resources is just one of the many ways we can support our customers and community members.”
Arkansas Oklahoma Gas, in addition to supporting community causes, provides members of its team with up to 20 hours of paid time off each year to volunteer in the communities it serves.
Image Courtesy of Arkansas Oklahoma Gas